QuickSuper* - the easy way to pay
The QuickSuper clearing house* allows you to pay all your employees' super to multiple funds through one easy transaction.
With QuickSuper your super guarantee payments are secure and SuperStream compliant.
Register for QuickSuper today
QuickSuper takes only minutes to set up and is free for employers to use.
We're here to help
QuickSuper is easy and free to set up - but if you do need a helping hand, contact our employer helpline on 1800 241 877 between 8am and 8pm (AEST/AEDT) weekdays for assistance.
Already registered with QuickSuper as a TWUSUPER employer?
Frequently asked questions
Key dates - SCH Online and Employer Access closure
Yes - but please see the key dates below for information about changes and eventual closure of SCH Online and Employer Access.
Key dates - SCH Online
- Friday 12 October - final day for SG payments and file uploads through SCH Online.
- Monday 15 October - all SG payments to be made via QuickSuper* or an alternative clearing house of your choice.
- Monday 15 October to 5pm (AEDT) Friday 26 October - payment history and employee details can be downloaded from SCH Online.
- 5pm (AEDT) Friday 26 October - no further access to SCH Online.
Key dates - Employer Access
- Monday 22 October - final day for SG payments and file uploads through Employer Access.
- Tuesday 23 October to 5pm (AEDT) Friday 26 October - payment history and employee details can be downloaded from Employer Access.
- 5pm (AEDT) Friday 26 October - no further access to Employer Access.
* SCH Online is a financial product operated by The Superannuation Clearing House Pty Limited (Authorised Representative Number 290290) (TSCH), an authorised representative of Pacific Custodians Pty Limited (Australian Financial Services Licence Number 295142) (Pacific Custodians).
The trustee is not responsible for and does not accept liability for the products and services of SCH Online. You should use your own judgment before deciding to use SCH Online.
How will employee information be kept secure?
What payment information can I access from QuickSuper?
QuickSuper can provide you with reports on:
- The number of contributions you have made
- The value of contributions you have made
- The number of employees who have received contributions
- Information relating to a particular transaction
- Payments made on behalf of an employee
- Status of your employer contribution payments
- Payments made to a particular Fund
How long do contributions take to reach the destination Fund?
As long as your contribution is processed by 6pm (AEST/AEDT) on a business day, the following standards apply:
- by EFT or by BPAY®* - contribution will reach the destination Fund the next business day
- by direct debit - contribution will reach the destination Fund within three business days.
*Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
*The QuickSuper service is provided to you by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 ("Westpac") at the request of TWU Nominees Pty Ltd, ABN 67 002 835 412, AFSL No 239163 as Trustee for TWUSUPER ABN, 77 343 563 307 L0000246, Westpac terms and conditions apply to the QuickSuper service which you will be asked to accept. General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness. You should also consider Westpac's Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). The PDS is relevant when deciding whether to acquire or hold a product.
QuickSuper is a financial product operated by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL 233714.
The trustee is not responsible for and does not accept liability for the products and services of QuickSuper. You should use your own judgement before deciding to use QuickSuper.
The QuickSuper service and other products offered on this website are intended for use in Australia only. The products and services offered on this website are not available to individuals located in the European Economic Area.