TWUSUPER participates in local and international initiatives to benefit from and promote research, activities and services regarding responsible investment.
Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
TWUSUPER has been a signatory to the PRI since 2007. The PRI is a set of six principles developed by an international group of investors and backed by the United Nations. The PRI establishes a universal framework to help investors integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues into their investment decision-making, policies and practices.
The six principles are:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
We complete our PRI reporting annually, allowing us to disclose our responsible investment activities and demonstrate alignment with the Principles.
TWUSUPER’s latest PRI Transparency Report is publicly available on the PRI website.
Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI)
ACSI is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 2001 to provide environmental, social and governance (ESG) research, advice and services to members. TWUSUPER is a member of ACSI and holds a seat on its Member Council which works to establish strategic direction and serve as its policy-making body.
We also use ACSI to engage with Australian-listed companies and to conduct policy advocacy with the aim of progressing ESG issues.
More information on ACSI can be found on their website.
Investor Group on Climate Change member
TWUSUPER is a member of the Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC). IGCC aims to encourage government policies and investment best practices that ensure risks and opportunities associated with climate change are incorporated into investment decisions.
More information on IGCC can be found on their website.