2020 Australian Freight Industry Awards go virtual
The 2020 Australian Freight Industry Awards (AFIA), proudly sponsored by TWUSUPER and Viva Energy Australia, will go ahead in 2020 in a virtual format. This free event on Sunday 29 November will include an awards ceremony and entertainment.
As the Industry Super Fund for transport we're proud to have over $400 million invested in transport infrastructure around Australia.
We're here to serve transport workers
We're proud to look after people in transport and to throw our support behind industry initiatives.
As a member of TWUSUPER, you can be sure that your Industry Super Fund for people in transport ensures all profits end up in your accounts, not shareholders’ pockets and that everything we do is designed to reflect the needs of transport workers – from the investment options we offer, through to tailored insurance cover.
Other ways we advocate for transport workers in Australia include:
- Supporting training through the Victorian Transport Association (VTA) in areas including industrial waste, chain of responsibility and the Driver Delivery Program
- Sponsoring the VTA Cadetship Program
- Partnering with employers around Australia to help members find work
- Supporting the Tasmanian Transport Association's quick COVID-19 Response for workers in transport
- Collaborating with Dr Jim Stanford & The McKell Institute to produce report on Australian Aviation after COVID-19
- Supporting Women in Transport as the major sponsor of the VTA's Women in Transport lunch and we support the Transport Women Australia's conference
- Partnering with SuperFriend to bring free financial wellness sessions to workplaces around Australia
Helping match members with jobs in transport
COVID-19 has affected every industry in Australia - including transport. At this time, we're working with our employer and industry partners to let you know when they're hiring.
Helping train the people who keep Australia moving
To support the people who keep Australia moving, TWUSUPER supports various training programs. In 2019/20, more than 1,500 people are expected to undertake training through the Victorian Transport Association (VTA) in:
- Industrial Waste
- Chain of Responsibility
- Management Training, and
- The Driver Delivery Program, in conjunction with Armstrong Training and VicRoads, which provides new-entrant drivers with the exposure to the driving environment they will encounter as a professional driver
Women in transport
Although the industry traditionally has more male than female workers, women have always played an important role both behind the wheel and in other roles.
TWUSUPER supports the work of Australian transport associations which are working to promote the work of women in transport - including the Victorian Transport Association (VTA) and Transport Women Australia.
As well as being the major sponsor of the VTA's Women in Transport lunch, we also support Transport Women Australia's biannual conference.
Better off with TWUSUPER
We're proud to look after the people whose hard work ensures we have fresh food in our supermarkets, petrol to pump into our cars, and can get to work and go on holiday.
The people who look after our everyday needs, day in day out, deserve a better retirement. See how we put this into action:
Profit to members
Compare the pair
Tailored insurance cover
Strong long-term investment returns