We're sending your request, please wait.
Could you qualify for a Government co-contribution of up to $500?
If you earn under $56,112 in the financial year ended 30 June 2022, the Government can chip in up to $500 to help boost your super when you make a voluntary non-concessional (after-tax) contribution to your TWUSUPER account. This is known as the Super Co-contribution Scheme.
How much could you get?
If you meet the criteria, how much the Government co-contributes depends on two things:
- How much you earn
- How much you contribute
Use this calculator to see how much you could get.
How to contribute
To qualify for the co-contribution for the 2021/22 financial year, please ensure we receive the contribution by Friday 24 June 2022.
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
To be eligible for a co-contribution for 2021/22, you must make at least one after-tax contribution to your super during the financial year and:
- earn under $56,112 in 2021/22
- have provided us with your Tax File Number (you can log in to Member Online to see if we have your TFN)
- be under 71 years at 30 June 2022
- received 10% or more of your income from employment and/or running a business
- not have held a temporary visa at any time during the financial year (unless you're a New Zealand citizen or on a prescribed visa)
- have had less than $1.7 million in all your super accounts at 30 June 2021
- have not contributed more than your after-tax cap for 2021/22
- lodge a tax return for 2021/22.
The ATO website goes into these requirements in more detail.
If you receive a government co-contribution, you cannot also claim a tax deduction on your voluntary after-tax contribution.
Speak to a contribution specialist
*Let us know your preferred contact number and preferred callback time between 9am and 5pm (AEST/AEDT) weekdays.
Eligibility requirements can be confusing, and you may need to talk over your contributions options with a specialist. We have super specialists at TWUSUPER ready to help members with their general contributions enquiries – including whether you could qualify for the co-contribution. There's no extra cost to use this service. The team's available between 9am and 5pm (AEST/AEDT) on 1800 222 071.
Use the form below to request a call back. Note that the call back service is available for Australian residents only. If you're overseas, please call +61 3 9192 4414.